I believe empowerment is a constant crusade and we can all benefit from helpful tips and tricks in our quest to attain and retain self-empowerment. The Female Empowerment Bracelet is one small way a young woman can arm herself with self-knowledge by paying attention and respect to her body each and every day. But there are so many other aspects of life and empowerment to conquer and sometime or another we all need a little loving advice to learn a better way to view and express ourselves and our place in the world.
Here are a few ideas to help "each one, reach one and teach one" to make empowerment a reality for the girls and young women in your life, perhaps even yourself. These suggestions are courtesy of Lacey C. Clark of phenomenally u.
1. Be slow to judge.
2. Start conversations about relevant events that impact youth.
3. Look them in the eye ad mean what you say.
4. Illustrate the value of following up and following through.
5. Encourage her to cultivate her own hobbies and to explore her own dreams.
6. Remind them of the value of nature: appreciating it, exploring it, protecting it.
7. Teach her to embrace the beauty and sacredness of all her body, inside and out.
8. Remind her that making mistakes are only learning experiences.
9. Teach her how to channel and release anger positively.
10. Respect her boundaries and limits.
11. Help her focus on collaboration rather than competition.
12. Encourage her to find ways to calm and centre herself daily.
13. Teach her how to do the best she can, and better.
14. Show her how to laugh at her challenges.
15. Explore the value of forgiveness: the gift for giving yourself a break.
16. Inspire her to keep a journal of personal thoughts as well as achievements.
17. Encourage her to practice loving herself.
18. Help her to cherish, value and cultivate her innate intelligence.
19. Courage is contagious: conquer your fears and show her how you've done so.
20. Focus on the positive.
21. Feelings are not facts: help her to understand her emotions. Teach her how they are all sacred, and should be channelled in a healthy way.
Do you have any other ideas for inspiring and empowering the youth of today? Please share in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you.
Peace, love and empowerment.