Quite a few women have told me they use the Female Empowerment Bracelet to help them determine the times they are most fertile because they want to get pregnant and find it more difficult than they had anticipated.
This brings me great gratification to know that a simple bracelet can offer help to women who want nothing more than to create a brand new life.
Each Feby bracelet comes with an informational pamphlet that itemizes the physical signs of ovulation (which includes a rise in basal body temperature (BBT), an increase in arousal, a change in vaginal mucus to resemble the consistency of an egg white, and possibly, if they are lucky and tuned into their body, a pain in the region of the egg-releasing ovary). It would be beneficial to know that there are many other factors that contribute to fertility, or lack of. The following facts were found in the helpful book 'Fertility Facts' by Kim Hahn and the editors of Conceive magazine.
Among things that you might want to be aware of are:
- The nose knows. A woman's sense of smell is heightened during ovulation. If you notice you are more sensitive to smells suddenly and are desperate for a baby, start practicing post haste.
- Keep his junk cool. Ever wonder why male genetalia are on the outside? Turns out Mother Nature was protecting the continuation of the human race with this odd design. An increase in body temperature in males can result in stopping sperm production. Men looking to impregnate a woman are advised to stay away from hot tubs, saunas, steam baths and wearing tight shorts or jock straps.
- Butt out. Smoking is not only bad for your lungs and heart but also your ovaries. Smokers have a higher rate of atresia (egg destruction) and menopause is fast-forwarded. Smoking mothers also have a higher risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, and smaller babies. Many miscarriages occur even before the woman knows she's pregnant and smoking may be the culprit. Besides, you definitely don't want to smoke while you're pregnant or around children so the sooner you quit, the better.
- Skip the oral sex. It may seem counterintuitive as receiving oral sex can be relaxing and climaxing and everybody seems to agree that less stress and anxiety and more calm and happy endorphins boosts your fertility. But if you really want to conceive it's best to decline the oral love as saliva is known to slow down sperm, possibly inhibiting them from reaching the egg.
- Timing is everything, especially in conception. Many women believe that having sex when they are ovulating is the ideal time to get pregnant. Not so, according to experts. Having sex just prior to ovulation is in fact optimum as an egg deteriorates quickly and only last approximately 24 hours while sperm can literally last for days inside a woman. So if you have sex at night and then ovulate the next morning, the sperm inside will have a greater chance of fertilizing that egg than if you had a morning session instead.
- Moderate your caffeine intake. Too much caffeine (over 300 mg daily) can have a harmful effect on fertility. Most experts agree that if you're trying to conceive your should limit yourself to one or two teas or coffees a day. (As a reference, a Tim Hortons medium coffee contains 205 mg of caffeine and a Starbucks tall brewed coffee has 260 mg.)
- Soak up the sun. Experts suspect that getting at least one hour of exposure to sunlight can boost fertility. The reasons being that sunlight helps fight depression which is a fertility suppressant and the pineal gland is important to the reproductive system and won't work optimally unless you get enough light.
- Draw the blinds. The pineal gland in the brain produces melatonin which is a hormone required for reproduction and this is only made during darkness. So, make sure your bedroom is dark and free from artificial light while you sleep.
- Dance! Yes, you read that right...dance! Dancing is a wonderful way to get in the mood for making babies as it reduces stress, increases happiness and stimulates blood flow to the reproductive area. Consider it foreplay.
- Keep your vagina organic. Douching, vaginal sprays and feminine wipes alter the delicate PH balance in the vagina which are necessary for conception. Doctors advise to stay away from these products all the time and most especially when you're actively trying to get pregnant.
If you know any other fertility tips and tricks, please share in the comment section below.